Once your session is booked I will arrange a meeting to discuss how to best capture your story.
What would you like to get out of the photo session? Is it a big part of your story and you want it documented for personal memories? Or do you have a fine art print in mind for the empty wall in your house? Where else will you display these photographs?
I give you the maximum amount of images from a photo session. I aim to include 2 to 3 images that are pieces of art that you will be able to print, canvas or frame as fine art portraiture for your home or office.
For this reason I really encourage you to think about your outfit, styling and location.
Share your ideas with me so that I can be prepared for our creative consultation. Make sure you have a look at my most recent work and decide what you like about my style.
Below are a few tips to help prepare you for our creative consultation, which is included in your shoot. The finer details will be agreed upon during our meeting.
Kindly consider the following:
- Co-ordinate your colours and outfits
- Give attention to detail – Accessorise, spend time on make-up and make an effort with yourself and your surroundings
- Bring along (or have them visible in your surroundings) – little detailed items (some might call them props, but I don’t) that help give your story more meaning & character and set the mood of the images.
Never, ever . . .
- Never ask me to edit black-and-white photos with selective colouring
- Dressing family members in exactly the same colours and outfits is very dated and while it does have its place, my shoots are focused on capturing each person’s unique story.
- I don’t do PROPS – fake add ons that does not compliment your story.